The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter measures wind altitude and all critical weather and ballistic variables to calculate an accurate aim point for long-range shooting. No more DOPE cards re-zeroing or guessing at the wind. This all-in-one compact tool combines onsite environmental measurements with a powerful G1/G7 ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation and windage solutions for any gun any round any shot. Get first-shot confidence with the all-in-one long range shooting solution trusted by long range hunters and shooters. Includes 1 AA battery Certificate of Conformity (spec sheet) Instructions Lanyard and protective drawstring pouch.
The Kestrel 5700 Ruger Ballistics Software is preloaded with a Ruger RPR 6.5 Creed with the Hornady 40 gr ELDM. When you open the app it jumps into a custom gun building that has full details on various Ruger rifles and various ammo loads. You are still able to build other guns in both the app and the units as well.
The Kestrel 5700 has ballistics software but it's not Applied Ballistics. If you want the best get the Elite. FYI – You can upgrade to the Elite.
- LiNK – It only comes with LiNK which is where you'll get any firmware updates.
- DSF – It does not have Drop Scale Factor so if you are shooting transonic (past 1200 yards) do not get this meter get the Elite. Shooting less than 1200 it won't matter.
- CUSTOM CURVES- The Elite has the custom curves. The 5700 does NOT. People who rely on G1 / G7 rely on what the bullet manufacturer wants you to believe and is on the box. Sometimes this is marketing by the manufacturer. Companies are known to fudge there G7 factors to make it sound better than it is against the competition.The Custom curves have been tested and proven. They are measurements to a specific bullet so there is a lot of value to someone who cares. This has tremendous value which is what costs you $300 more for the Elite but will easily save you that in bullets over time.
- Backlight – Switchable White/Red
- Ballistics Calculator – Applied Ballistics®
- Battery Life Indicator (requires 1 AA battery)
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging – Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- High Contrast Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- LiNK Wireless Communication – When Option Selected (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English French Spanish German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Basic Ballistic Data Table
- Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 1 Target
- Create and store up to 3 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil MOA Clicks
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator